French Toast Sticks are the perfect handheld version of our favorite French toast recipe!
Just a few ingredients, a skillet, and some warmed maple syrup, and breakfast is served!
Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
French toast sticks come out crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, and they are delicately cooked in a cinnamon sugar batter.
- We love to make French toast sticks because they are totally portable.
- This is an easy recipe for toddlers to try finger foods as well.
- Set out bowls of dips and let everyone mix or match the ones they like best!
- They are so easy to make and are ready to eat in about 10 minutes.
BREAD French toast sticks are a great way to use up leftover bread! Choose stale bread that is thick and dense like Homemade French Bread, brioche, sourdough, or even Homemade Challah Bread. In a pinch, frozen Texas toast can be used, and can even be cooked from a frozen state!
CUSTARD Eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, & cinnamon are mixed together to create the creamy, flavorful custard.
VARIATIONS Add some orange juice or orange zest for a bright, citrusy flavor!
How to Make French Toast Sticks
- Cut thick slices of bread into four sticks, about 1″ each. Set aside.
- Whisk custard (milk/egg mixture per recipe below) and dip each French toast stick into the batter.
- Place in a buttered skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- Make French toast sticks in advance and keep them in the refrigerator in a zippered bag until they are ready to be reheated and served.
- For best results, reheat in a toaster oven or under the broiler for a couple minutes. Sprinkle on a little extra cinnamon sugar and serve!
- Freeze fried French toast sticks in a zippered bag for about 4 weeks. Write the date on the outside.
French Toast Faves
- Air Fryer French Toast – light & fluffy
- French Toast Roll Ups – the perfect make-ahead breakfast
- Easy Overnight French Toast – perfect for Christmas morning
- Quick and Easy French Toast – great for brunch
- Blueberry French Toast Bake – an easy holiday breakfast
Did your family love these French Toast Sticks? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
French Toast Sticks
- 8 slices bread thick-cut, or texas toast
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
Cut each slice of bread into 4 sticks.
Whisk the custard mixture in a bowl.
Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to melt.
Dip each stick into the custard mixture and gently roll to coat.
Place the sticks in the preheated pan and cook over medium-low heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning after about 4 minutes.
Repeat with remaining sticks adding more butter if needed. Serve warm with syrup.