Baked Feta Pasta is all the rage & it’s easy to see why!
This is a one-dish wonder has taken over kitchens all over the world. It showcases bright colors and even brighter flavors! Feta, tomatoes, olive oil and seasonings are baked and tossed with cooked pasta. Ridiculously easy. The result is perfection on a plate.
The EASIEST Pasta
I first learned about this dish from my friend Yumna over at Feel Good Foodie who learned it from Grilled Cheese Social. Originally this recipe was created by Jenni over at Liemessa in Finnland and has graced the kitchens of millions of people.
We Love it Because
- It’s ridiculously easy. So easy!
- Prep is literally minutes (or less).
- This pasta uses simple fresh ingredients for an amazing dish.
- It’s rich and jam packed with flavor.
We love to put our own spin on trending recipes and Baked Feta Pasta is the perfect way to up-level the basic recipe. Take this versatile recipe and make your own creation with what you’ve got on hand.
CHEESE Feta cheese is the star of the show. It has a tangy, salty flavor. It comes in blocks and crumbles easily.
Feta tastes great melted when other ingredients are added to it like garlic, olive oil, or balsamic vinegar (use your imagination). This recipe uses a full 8-ounce block of feta!
CHERRY TOMATOES A liberal amount of cherry or grape tomatoes offsets the feta perfectly for a tangy, salty, and fresh taste. Add red bell pepper for some extra flavor.
Feel free to add freshly chopped spinach, sliced mushrooms, or diced zucchini. While this is a vegetarian recipe, it can easily be a protein entrée with the addition of chicken, shrimp, or Italian Sausage.
How to Make Baked Feta Pasta
This is such an easy recipe and it’s so versatile, you’ll find ways to make it all year long!
- Just toss tomatoes with olive oil & garlic.
- Place feta block in the center of the tomatoes and bake per recipe below.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente & drain, reserving water.
- Stir tomatoes & feta in their baking dish and add pasta. Stir and add pasta water as needed.
This dish is VERY rich so we like to ensure we have lots of tomatoes and to garnish with fresh herbs like basil and parsley.
Tips for a Perfect Pasta Dish
- Avoid overcooking the pasta, it will continue to cook once it’s added to the casserole dish.
- Tomatoes can be cut in half lengthwise before baking or left whole.
- Try adding some Greek Seasoning instead of Italian Seasoning for a twist!
- Serve alongside some tasty meatballs and why not serve a light dessert?
Keep leftover baked feta pasta covered in the refrigerator and it will last about 4 days. Reheat in the microwave. Baked feta pasta can be assembled in advance and kept in the refrigerator. Make the pasta fresh and combine the two. Serve with basil as a garnish.
Best Baked Pasta
- Easy Baked Mostaccioli – with a creamy tomato sauce
- Baked Jalapeño Mac & Cheese – the ultimate comfort food
- Creamy Baked Tortellini – so cheesy & creamy
- Easy Baked Ziti – a reader favorite
- Baked Spaghetti – so easy to make
Did your family love this Baked Feta Pasta? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Baked Feta Pasta
- 8 ounce block of feta cheese
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, about 3 cups
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil and parsley for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss tomatoes with olive oil and garlic in a baking dish. Nestle the block of feta in the tomatoes.
Bake 35 minutes or until feta is soft and the tomatoes are soft and splitting. Broil 2-3 minutes.
While the tomatoes are baking, cook pasta al dente in salted water. Drain but be sure to reserve at least 1 cup of water.
Stir the tomatoes and feta in the baking dish.
Mix in pasta adding enough pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
Stir in fresh basil and serve.
Original baked feta pasta recipe here.