Air fryer meatloaf is so juicy and cooks in a fraction of the time and clean up is a breeze.
This meatloaf contains a mixture of meat & seasonings and its topped with a delicious zesty topping!
Why Make Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
A classic meatloaf is a favorite meal and we love this air fryer version for a quick weeknight dinner.
- this can baked in about half of the time compared to an oven recipe.
- the fat drips away into the pan so the meat doesn’t cook in the fat.
- this makes 2 smaller meatloaves so they’re easier to handle (and you get more of the crispy edges)
- cleanup is a breeze (I have the Cosori 5.8QT XL and a quick rinse and it goes into the dishwasher
No Air Fryer? No problem!
MEAT We use lean ground beef (80/20), however, a combination of ground beef and ground turkey or pork can work just as well.
VEGGIES Finely diced bell pepper, onions, parsley, and garlic add flavor.
BINDER & SEASONINGS Breadcrumbs are mixed together with milk and egg yolk, Parmesan cheese, and a handful of Italian seasoning.
The topping in this recipe contains chili sauce (which is not spicy) and ketchup and it’s my favorite part of meatloaf.
How to Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
Air fryer meatloaf is a super quick and easy way to put a delicious meal on the table, and it takes just a few easy steps!
- Mix all of the ingredients, shape them into two equally-sized loaves (per the recipe below).
- Place meatloaves in the air fryer basket & cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add topping and cook an additional 15 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches 165°F.
Remove meatloaves from the air fryer & allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Don’t overmix the meat, mix just until combined.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the meatloaf.
- Air Fryers can vary so be sure to use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf and ensure it reaches 165° F.
- Check the meatloaf early to ensure it doesn’t overcook. Add more time as needed.
- Rest the meatloaf before slicing so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat in the air fryer or the microwave.
Air Fryer Faves
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken – with crispy skin
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers – so easy to make
- Air Fryer Salmon – a healthy dinner
- Juicy Air Fryer Meatballs – perfect for a crowd
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – tender & juicy
Did your family love this Air Fryer Meatloaf? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ green bell pepper finely diced
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup onion* finely diced, see note
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chili sauce
Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
Mix all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl just until combined.
Divide the mixture into 2 and shape into small meatloaves, about 5" long by 2" wide.
Cook in the air fryer for 20 minutes.
Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Add topping and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until meatloaf reaches 165°F.
Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t overmix the meat, mix just until combined.
Preheat the air fryer before adding the meatloaf.
Air Fryers can vary so be sure to use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf and ensure it reaches 165° F.
Check the meatloaf early to ensure it doesn’t overcook. Add more time as needed.
Rest the meatloaf before slicing so it doesn’t fall apart.