These easy air fryer donuts are our new favorite dessert and take about 10 minutes to make!
To make these quick, we start with refrigerated biscuits and simply air fry for a few minutes. Add some butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar for the perfect easy dessert. Perfect for dipping, dunking, or decorating.
A Super Quick Dessert
Who knew that a simple can of biscuits could be transformed into dessert. While they make great apple dumplings, they also make surprisingly amazing donuts!
Since they are air fried, they have fewer calories than a traditional deep-fried donut but they still come out light and fluffy.
These take about 10 minutes start to finish and cost a fraction of your local coffee shop donuts. Win-win!
Air fryer donuts have just 4 ingredients, but they taste so good nobody will ever know!
BISCUIT DOUGH One can of biscuit dough is all it takes.
BUTTER A brush of real butter after cooking makes these donuts so yummy, adding homemade taste! The butter also helps the cinnamon sugar stick.
CINNAMON SUGAR Cinnamon sugar is our favorite coating. Of course, these can be dipped in glaze if you’d prefer.
How to Make Air Fryer Donuts
Homemade donuts have never been so easy!
- Preheat the air fryer (per recipe below).
- Using a 1” round cutter, cut a hole in each biscuit. Set holes aside.
No Cutter? Use the thicker end of a piping tip or even cut the biscuit and shape a 1″ hole with your hands.
- Place 4 donuts on the bottom of air fryer & cook.
- Remove & brush with melted butter. Toss in cinnamon sugar & serve warm.
Don’t forget to fry the donut holes!
In the Oven:
Good news, homemade donuts can be made in the oven without easy recipe!
- Heat oven to 375°F & bake donuts (prepared as above) for 10-15 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, brush with melted butter, & toss with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Tips for Delicious Donuts
- For best results, preheat the air fryer.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket so air can circulate.
- Make donut holes in the air fryer with the leftover dough from the middles, reduce the cooking time by 1 or 2 minutes.
How to Store
- These are definitely best served fresh.
- Keep air fryer donuts in an airtight container or a zippered bag.
- They can be reheated in the air fryer or microwave just until warm.
Did your family love these Air Fryer Donuts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Donuts
- 1 can biscuits
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
Cut a circle out of the center of each biscuit using a small 1″ cutter.
Place 4-5 pieces of the dough in the air fryer.
Cook 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned.
Remove from the air fryer and while warm, brush with butter. Combine sugar & cinnamon, toss donuts in sugar mixture.
Repeat with remaining donuts. Once the donuts are cooked, add the donut holes to the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes. Toss with additional butter and sugar if desired.
Donuts can be cooled and glazed or dipped in glaze if preferred.