Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots are extra easy peasy in the air fryer (but they can be made in the oven too)!
Sweet potatoes & carrots are cooked to tender perfection with a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the perfect side dish!
Easy Air-Fried Veggies
These can be oven roasted or air fried. If you’re new to air frying, you can find everything you need to know about air fryers here!
Veggies cooked in an air fryer are similar to roasted veggies and taste great because they come out caramelized!
Much like air fryer potatoes, they take a fraction of the time and come out fluffy inside and crispy on the outside.
VEGGIES Any kind of sweet potatoes and carrots work well in this recipe. Feel free to try rainbow-colored carrots or white/yellow sweet potatoes.
OIL/BUTTER Oil is great for making the seasonings stick and butter is added after cooking for flavor.
Sweet or Savory
- Brown sugar goes well with carrots and sweet potatoes, it’s great in this recipe to make a sweeter side with a dash of cinnamon.
- If you’d prefer a savory dish, carrots and sweet potatoes pair well with fresh thyme or dill.
- Either way, toss with butter and salt once they’ve cooked.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes & Carrots
Just like most air fryer recipes, this cooked quickly compared to the oven version (but I’ve included directions for both below).
- Prepare sweet potatoes and carrots according to the recipe below.
- Toss veggies with all of the other ingredients except butter.
- Cook in the air fryer for about 15 minutes or in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Toss with butter and serve.
- Store leftover sweet potatoes and carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they’ll last about 3 days.
- Reheat them by placing them in a toaster oven or under the broiler for about 7 minutes.
- Freeze to add to soups or stews.
Fave Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Garlic Butter Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Did you love these Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes and Carrots? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
- 3 cups sweet potatoes peeled and diced 1″
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
Toss all ingredients except butter in a bowl.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Place into preheated air fryer. Cook 10 minutes.
Shake basket and cook an additional 4-7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
Toss with butter and serve.
For a more savory side, skip the brown sugar and cinnamon and opt for salt & pepper with thyme. Or toss fresh dill with the butter after cooking.
To roast in the oven, prepare as directed. Bake on a parchment-lined pan at 400°F for 35-40 minutes or until tender.